Thursday, December 18, 2008

Coming Soon: 'Edgar Sawtelle' ... The Prequel


Without question, the best book I read in 2008 was David Wroblewski's first novel -- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle -- news of which made today's deals report from Publishers Marketplace.

Contained within the ample list of mostly non-fiction and foreign-rights transactions was the welcome report that Ecco, a HarperCollins imprint, plans to publish another book from Wroblewski, a prequel to The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

Intent on crafting the tale into a trilogy, Wroblewski promises to focus the next installment on the life of John Sawtelle, grandfather of Edgar. I hesitate to say any more lest I give away too much about The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, which I can't recommend strongly enough.

Published in June, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle "has over 1.4 million copies in print and became an Oprah pick in September," says Publishers Weekly.

As with the first book, Wroblewski was again represented by Eleanor Jackson.

— TJ Sullivan in LA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated, especially those that inspire spirited-but-courteous discussions. Your comment will be reviewed before it is posted on the site.

Anonymous comments are not permitted. I put my name on what I say here, so I hope you don't mind doing so as well.