Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Are The Lights Already Out In ABQ?


As a former employee of The Albuquerque Tribune, I wanted to show my support of the staff there by purchasing an out-of-state subscription via U.S. mail at a rate of $17.50 per month. If the band is going to play on, I'm happy to pull up a chair and listen. But the circulation department (which is run by the JOA) told me they won't take my money.

The Tribune is up for sale, and yet the publishing company won't take my money?

The agent said: "We've been told not to do any starts on them. The Trib is up for sale and they've told us not to do any more starts on them." Is that supposed to be a selling point for a "qualified buyer?"


[see previous post here]

— TJ Sullivan in LA

1 comment:

All comments are appreciated, especially those that inspire spirited-but-courteous discussions. Your comment will be reviewed before it is posted on the site.

Anonymous comments are not permitted. I put my name on what I say here, so I hope you don't mind doing so as well.