Thursday, January 04, 2007

Prisoners Of Our Own Device


Check out my new post in the Native Intelligence section of LA Observed.

Here's a snippet:

Auld Lang Syne” is a song made up of words in the Scots language, which means many of us understand only that it's about old friends and days gone by...

I mumbled through it myself Sunday night in downtown Los Angeles as Lyle Lovett and His Large Band led a chorus...

Most of Lovett’s audience stood and sang in happy voices...

(Then) I spied three women in about the 25th row raising their Blackberry (Crackberry?) devices aloft...

Flipping their phones as an alternative to flicking their Bics...
Read the entire post at Native Intelligence.

— TJ Sullivan in LA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated, especially those that inspire spirited-but-courteous discussions. Your comment will be reviewed before it is posted on the site.

Anonymous comments are not permitted. I put my name on what I say here, so I hope you don't mind doing so as well.